install ES3 dual-boot onto Fedora2 doesn't get grub.conf right

Stuart Sears stuart at sjsears.com
Sat Nov 6 11:58:43 UTC 2004

On Friday 05 Nov 2004 22:24, Rick Stevens wrote:
> David Morgan wrote:
> Could you reverse the process (install ES first, then FC) to see if the
> Fedora version of anaconda is smarter and recognizes ES as a Linux
> implementation?
trust me, it doesn't. (at least not in my experience)
My laptop currently dual boots ES and FC2 - installed in that order. The
easiest way for me to handle this (especially as FC3 or poss RHEL4 beta will
replace FC2 shortly) was to install the FC2 bootloader to FCs / fs and use a
chainloader line in the ES grub.conf file.
so it now looks a bit like this:
title Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES (2.4.21-20.EL)
        root (hd0,0)
        kernel /vmlinuz-2.4.21-20.EL ro root=LABEL=/ hdc=ide-scsi vga=791
        initrd /initrd-2.4.21-20.EL.img
title Fedora Core (bootloader)
        root (hd0,6)
        chainloader +1
but then my FC2 install is all on one / filesystem...

> If the FC anaconda handles it properly, then I'd file a bugzilla report
> with Red Hat so that they use the Fedora anaconda in the next release of
> ES/AS/EL/WS.
may be worth doing - there are alot of bugs relating to anaconda in bugzilla
atm, but none that seem to refer to this issue.

Stuart
--
Stuart Sears RHCE, RHCX