Red Hat Linux CD was not found in any of your CDROM drives

tariq samsudeen tariq.samsudeen at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 23:53:19 UTC 2004

hi group,
i have been trying to install redhat linux 9.0 in my system (dell
dimension 8400) where struck up with an error msg "Red Hat Linux CD
was not found in any of your CDROM drives". i already have a dual boot
with windows xp home edition and red hat linux 8.0 both running
seamlessly. now i'm having problem with my redhat 9.0
installation/upgradation.
i searched thru web & got the following results, but none seem to fix
the problem.
# linux ide=nodma
# linux hdx=cdrom
# linux hdx=nodma
i tried my redhat 8.0 cd, it seem to work fine.
cud anyone help me.
thnks
tariq