smeared vidio

Bob McClure Jr robertmcclure at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 22 01:55:38 UTC 2004

On Sun, Nov 21, 2004 at 05:08:20PM -0600, Fred Grant wrote:
> At times the video on my monitor becomes smeared to the point of
> unusabilty.  I notice it most when installing new programs (which is
> about the worst time this could happen, natch).  I have a RIVA TNT2
> video card that I bought used and I wonder if this is the problem?
> Also, my monitor is a Delta ma1450 which doesn't seem to be well supported.
>
> Any ideas?

I have two such cards that have gotten streaky.  It's not the monitor.
It came on all of a sudden and has not abated.  I swapped them out to
a couple of server boxes that don't do X any more.  I replaced them
with ATI cards.

Cheers,
robertmcclure at earthlink.net  http://www.bobcatos.com
Grace happens.