compaq proliant 1600

Toto Gamez egamez at bonheur.com.ph
Fri Oct 1 07:12:34 UTC 2004

Hi lists

Need your help very badly, Where a small company with 40 email users and has 1 email server running Compaq Proliant 1600 PIII-500MHz with RH9 postfix2.1.4 amavisd-new2.1.2 mail spamassassin2.64 and sophos anti virus. I recently upgrade my old server running RH7.2 to RH9 because sophos is not yet supporting kernel 2.6.
After testing my machine and configuration for 1 week with no problem in receiving and sending mails as well as it hardware performance, I finaly move it to production but after a week later my compaq server hunged. After rebooting my machine I look on my /var/log/messages for any reason that caused my machine to stop responding and only sw this messages:

pasay modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module char-major-10-134
pasay modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module sound-slot-0
pasay modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module sound-service-0-3

I dont have any sound card in my machine, and it hungs every now and then
any hint?

Regards,
Toto