Another YP question

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Wed Oct 6 23:35:25 UTC 2004

Waldher, Travis R wrote:

> [...]

Provided you're willing to bugger the appropriate stuff in
/etc/security/console.apps to support it, yes.

> Otherwise, I see us having to rewrite or continue using in house built
> tools, which costs more in the long run than the COTS stuff.

Well, make sure you read up on consolehelper, userhelper and pam.  Do
your testing on a machine you're not worried about breaking and you
should be able to make it go.  It really isn't hard to do, but a small
mistake can cause grief.  Test, test, test!
-         If this is the first day of the rest of my life...         -
-                        I'm in BIG trouble!                         -