oci8 with PHP 4.3.2-14.ent on AS3

Nathan Andrews nandrews at med.umich.edu
Fri Oct 8 13:56:34 UTC 2004

I'm trying to rebuild the php-4.3.2-14.ent rpm with oracle oci8 support.
I set the switch to 1 in the rpm.spec file, and I have the complete
Oracle 10g client installed.

I set the rpmbuild command like so:
ORACLE_HOME=/<oracle home> rpmbuild -ba /usr/src/redhat/SPECS/php.spec

Everything seems to work fine until the end of the first configure run,
where I get the message:
checking Oracle Install-Dir... /<oracle home>
checking Oracle version... configure: error: Oracle-OCI8 needed
libraries not found

And then it craps out.

Should I be setting something different for ORACLE_HOME before the
build command, or what am I missing here?