known good PCI wireless NICs for FC2

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 16:34:06 UTC 2004

On Wed, 06 Oct 2004 16:42:27 -0700, Rick Stevens
<rstevens at vitalstream.com> wrote:

> I have a Broadcom BCM94306 chip in my laptop under FC1 and FC2.  I use
> ndiswrapper and the Windows XP ".inf" file for it and it works fine.
> I also use it for my D-Link DWL-650+ card PCMCIA card (TI chipset).
>
> ndiswrapper is available at http://ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net.
> Appropriate ".inf" files should be on the CD or floppy that came with
> your card.

Rick,
   My Compaq laptop sounds like a duplicate of yours. Would you be
willing to help me out a bit on this?

1) I have FC2 installed and dual booting with Win XP Pro. I'm in FC2 right now.

2) I have the same Broadcom 94306 chip

3) I can start downloading and building ndiswrapper, as well a
collecting from the XP side the Windows .inf file.

   Assuming things go reasonably well, how you you load ndiswrapper?
As I said, I tried doing this with the DLink and had trouble. I also
tried the Broadcom under Gentoo and go nowhere.

Thanks,
Mark