Mounting windows partition

Kostas Sfakiotakis kostassf at cha.forthnet.gr
Wed Oct 13 21:32:40 UTC 2004

Greetings ,

administrator tootai wrote:
> othman El Moulat a écrit :
>
>> Hi Guys;
>> I guess there might be a way to a RH Linux user to access the folders
>> and files in a windows partition on the same machine...
>>     I want to be able to automatically mount the win partition and the
>> other devices such as the floppy and the CdRom...
>>

> Extract from my fstab
>
> /dev/hda1               /dos            vfat
> defaults,users,gid=6,umask=7            0 0
> /dev/fd0                /floppy         auto
> users,noauto                            0 0
> /dev/cdrom              /cdrom          iso9660
> ro,users,auto                           0 0

The only thing is that the cdrom will never get mounted at boot time
unless there is a cdrom in the cdrom drive , same deal for  the floppy .
The magic here is the word "auto" which says automatically mount the
device specified in the first column  to the mount point specified in the
second column .

> /dev/sda1               /Nikon          auto
> users,noauto,gid=6,umask=7              0 0
>
>> Any Ideas?
>>

> enough ? ;-)
>
>> thanks

Kind Regards,