ssh

roland brouwers roland at cat.be
Mon Sep 6 07:43:08 UTC 2004

-----Original Message-----
From: redhat-install-list-bounces at redhat.com
[mailto:redhat-install-list-bounces at redhat.com] On Behalf Of Hans Müller
Sent: zondag 5 september 2004 22:57
To: Getting started with Red Hat Linux
Subject: Re: ssh

roland brouwers schrieb:
> I have installed RedHat 9 on a siemens server.
> I have no problem to login with my portable in ssh-mode with the
> Terminal Emulator Anita. On another portable ssh does not work, telnet

> does, also using Anita Both portables have Windows XP installed
> Is there anybody, who can tell me where to look?
>
> Thanks
>

> Roland Brouwers
>

> C.A.T.
> Zevenbergenlaan 16
> B-2660 Antwerpen
> Mob: +32 (0)475 443 105
> roland at cat.be

have you installed a firewall on xp? have you denny some hosts in your
ssh.conf file?

There is no firewall that I know off. I never touched the ssh.conf file.
It feels like problems with XP.
This portable does not receive any IP-address by DHCP in wireless mode.
It gets an address starting with 160.....
Sometimes I have the same problem with my portable.
Maybe this ssh-problem and DHCP is belonging to the same problem
environment.

This portable can login with telnet not with ssh
I can login with ssh over the internet and locally.

?????
redhat-install-list-request at redhat.com