Tar Question

Nguyen, Minh minh.nguyen at ihe.com
Tue Sep 7 20:51:36 UTC 2004

Try:

    tar cvfzX ${TAR_FILE} ${EXCLUDE} .

where EXCLUDE=/www/test

-----Original Message-----
From: Darryl W. DeLao Jr. [mailto:ddelao at oucpm.org]
Sent: Tuesday, September 07, 2004 1:46 PM
To: rhn-users at redhat.com; redhat-list at redhat.com; redhat-install-list at redhat.com
Subject: Tar Question

Is there a way to create a tar file and exclude a specific directory that is within the directory you want to tar?

For example, I have a directory called /www/ and in that directory is another directory called  /www/test/  and I want to tar up the /www/ directory but  I do not want the tar to include the /www/test/ directory but I do want the tar to include all the other sub-directories within /www/

Thanks!

Darryl

The information contained in this message and any attachments is confidential and proprietary and may be privileged and protected from disclosure.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any reproduction, publication, or other use of or reliance upon, this information by anyone other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited and may be a violation of law.  If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message or calling the person who sent this message and then deleting it and any attachments from your computer.