Building a new computer

Bruce McDonald brucemcdonal at mindspring.com
Mon Sep 27 03:12:09 UTC 2004

Hello Rick

On 23-Sep-04, you wrote:

>> So, I ask any Hardware people here.  Do you believe the motherboard would
>> work with registered memory?

> I'm not certain if it will or not.  I'm not using registered memory in
> mine and the system seems quite happy.  I'd suggest trying non-
> registered, name-brand RAM (Kingston, etc.) first.  If you have
> problems, THEN think about the registered stuff.  Why spend money you
> don't need to?  Just make sure you can return the regular RAM if it
> doesn't work.
> -           Fear is finding a ".vbs" script in your Inbox            -

I figure that some of the problems I am having with my windows box (the
current one) could be due to memory problems.  I was thinking that maybe
registered memory would alleviate those.  Of course, it could be solved
with XP.   I don't think I would have worried about it if the machine was
only going to run Linux.

Maybe I will try it your suggested way and save some money.
Thanks for the suggestion.

Regards,
Bruce McDonald