LANG

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Tue Apr 12 23:21:14 UTC 2005

Maria Cristina del Solar wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Apr 2005, Rick Stevens wrote:
>
> [...]
>
>>>I'm in the correct thing?
>>
>>Sort of.  It looks like only the English language set was installed on
>>your machine and you to install the Spanish language system as well.
>>
>>Grab your CDs and run "redhat-config-packages".  Select the Spanish
>>language set from that and install it.  THEN you can run
>>"redhat-config-language" and select Spanish.
>>

> It excuses my ignorance, but I don't find in "redhat-config-packages" the
> spanish language this only I found in "redhat-config-kickstart".
>
> You can say to me where I can find the spanish language in
> "redhat-config-packages".

Judging from your email address, you want Spanish support for Chile, is
that correct?  If so, edit the /etc/sysconfig/i18n file and add
":es_CL.UTF8:es_CL" to the end of the "SUPPORTED=" line so it looks
like:

SUPPORTED="en_US.UTF-8:en_US:en:es_CL.UTF-8:es_CL:es"

Then run "redhat-config-language" as the root user.  You should now be
able to select the Chilean dialect of Spanish.
-                 IGNORE that man behind the keyboard!               -
-                                                - The Wizard of OS  -