can't change ownership on files

Waldher, Travis R Travis.R.Waldher at boeing.com
Sun Apr 24 02:19:24 UTC 2005

Well, lets just say that's the way it's always been.  I'm picking other
battles at the moment and am not ready to attack something like this.

But one example where at least some people need this.  Is version
control  When a piece of software is "locked" down, they change the user
and group from whomever was working it, to a control user and group name
consisting of the Configuration Management person.

I as an admin do not care to get in the middle of that process, or grant
them the ability to change ownership of files at a root leval through
sudo.