R: R: I need Help RedHat-Windows XP

Roberto robgenna at tiscali.it
Sat Apr 30 12:41:22 UTC 2005

Dear sir,
I have other computers with windows Xp, but the problem is that the one with
all these problems is a laptop, and I really don't know how to connect its
hard drive with the home pc.
All I can give you is the two texts you asked me, one is the Grub.conf and
the other is what it says with the command fdisk -l.
Here you are:

This is what fdisk -l, says

Disk /dev/hda: 60.0 GB, 60011642880 bytes
255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 7296 cylinders
Units = cilindri of 16065 * 512 = 8225280 bytes

Dispositivo Boot      Start         End      Blocks   Id  System
/dev/hda1             103         109       56196   de  Dell Utility
/dev/hda2             110        6592    52074697+  17  HPFS/NTFS nascosto
/dev/hda3   *        6593        7296     5654880   83  Linux
/dev/hda4               1         102      819283+  82  Linux swap

Partition table entries are not in disk order

and this is grub.conf

# grub.conf generated by anaconda
#
# NOTICE:  You do not have a /boot partition.  This means that
#          all kernel and initrd paths are relative to /, eg.
#          root (hd0,2)
#          kernel /boot/vmlinuz-version ro root=/dev/hda3
#          initrd /boot/initrd-version.img
#boot=/dev/hda
default=1
timeout=5
splashimage=(hd0,2)/boot/grub/splash.xpm.gz
hiddenmenu
password --md5 $1$coSYMo7e$uQxMlBU84WHUB.uVSusUJ1
title Red Hat Desktop (2.6.9-5.EL)
        root (hd0,2)
        kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.9-5.EL ro root=LABEL=/ rhgb quiet
        initrd /boot/initrd-2.6.9-5.EL.img
title Windows XP
        rootnoverify (hd0,1)
        chainloader +1

b after making changes to this file
tion.  This means that
re relative to /, eg.

ro root=/dev/hda3
mg

.gz

.uVSusUJ1

ro root=LABEL=/ rhgb quiet
mg

~
~

I really hope that with these someone can help me.
Thank you all.
PS.: I'm planning to erase linux partition, transform it in a ntfs one and
install there WinXp. Then from this read the data of the other WinXP
partition and save them (about 25GB) in my external usb HD. At the end I
will format everything, reinstall windows in its partition and then Linux in
its one too.
Do you think that this will work? Or will I be as now?

Bye Bye,
Roberto, Italy