Outbound formail/procmail

karlp at ourldsfamily.com karlp at ourldsfamily.com
Mon Apr 18 18:11:16 UTC 2005

Is there a way to filter outbound email? Here's one possible scenario:

Young son, too young to have a girl friend. Mom wants me to see if he's
emailing her or vice-versa. Procmail filter on her:

:0:
* ^From:.*hername at herhost.com
       ! MOM at ourhost.com

Now then, Mom has asked to get some type of filter on the outbound so if
he emails her, Mom knows what's been sent and it doesn't go out.

Draconian? Yes it is. You don't know my wife. She believes in parental
rights and that minor children have none. I married her, so I have to
believe that way, too. so, I try to do what "she who must be obeyed" says
to do.

Karl