rsync syntax question

Scott Mertens smertens at mho.com
Mon Apr 25 16:35:01 UTC 2005

I have been told that rsync is much better than dump to copy one drive
to another.  I want to copy sda and sda1 to sdb  Both drives on one
RHEL4 machine.  I thought I would use the syntax of

"rsync -avz / /mnt/Backup"

Hers is a problem I'm thinking about, /mnt/Backup is a second drive
mounted (SDB).  I am thinking that as rsync copies the tree - when it
gets to the mounted drive it is copying from /mnt/Backup to /mnt/Backup.
This it seems to me would put rsync into an infinite loop?

This second drive is only for backup purposes, so if it can be excluded
from being backed up, thats OK.

Does the syntax look OK, and will it copy both sda and sda1?

Thanks