rsync

David Mackintosh David.Mackintosh at xdroop.com
Tue Apr 26 12:27:04 UTC 2005

On Tue, Apr 26, 2005 at 09:28:35AM +0530, ajay wrote:
> can i sync my ftp server to my local folder?
> i am using this command for this but not working
> rsync -avz macmillan-tivimtech at tivimtech.com:21 /home/ajay/tivim/

As far as I know, rsync will not speak ftp protocol.

Look into the ncftp package; one of the programs is ncftpget.  I use
ncftpput to do a one-way sync between a local directory tree and an
ftp server, like so:

$ ncftpput -R -f /home/dave/.hostrc -DD /home/dave/mainwebsite_html /home/dave/tmp/websource/*

This copies the contents of /home/dave/tmp/websource to my ftp server
and drops it in /home/dave/mainwebsite_html.

Check your man page; you may be able to use ncftpget the same way.

--
 /\oo/\
/ /()\ \ David Mackintosh | DMackintosh at uxilium.com
         gpg --recv-keys --keyserver subkeys.pgp.net 0x35A6A47A
         Mystery attachment?  http://xdroop.dhs.org/space/GPG