RH ES 4.0 CD1 is not detected for installation

ashili kashili at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 9 21:40:24 UTC 2005

I am running into issues while trying to build a
laptop (IBM T30) (it has no OS on it) with RH
Enterprise Linux Version 4. I can see the installation
CDs getting detected on my second laptop (IBM T40
loaded with WinXP) and I can see clean T30 detecting
WinXP installation CDs. But the T30 doesnt recognise
RH CD1.

is this a familiar build problem? Does RH4 installtion
require having an OS or a specific (IDE/SCSI) CD ROM
drive.

Any clues. thanks in advance

ashili