Image backup Image backup Image backup

Dennis Calhoun dcalhoun at blomand.net
Thu Aug 18 06:04:49 UTC 2005

On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 08:17:34 +0200, you wrote:

>My question was about how to have an image backup of my system ?
>
> is there a way to have a backup of my RHEL_AS_V3_U5  ??  inorder if a crash happened so i will have a system backup to retrieve everything as it was originaly
>
>  This is my question .

Hello Yazan,

An image, as you probably know, can be used for complete backup of an
existing system and as a means of deploying new "full system packages"
throughout an enterprise.

Symantec's Norton Ghost is the program of choice for me.

I might add that *nearly* the same level of backup can be achieved by
utilizing a "mirrored drive" configuration within any given system.
(assuming that an image would be maintained in an external location
rather than locally, which would be a bit more secure)
--
Dennis D. Calhoun
CompTIA A+, Network+, MCP (70-290)