Strange Modem

brad.mugleston at comcast.net brad.mugleston at comcast.net
Fri Aug 19 04:34:55 UTC 2005

I just built a file server using an old Pentium II with FC2 but
it's got a 180G hard drive on it (for home use).  When I hook it
into my home network everything works great - the switch assigns
it an IP address and it seems to work fine.  BUt after awhile the
modem starts rebooting.  If I unplug the network cable from the
comuter the modem goes back to normal.  I've tried two different
NIC's in the computer and they both do the same thing.

Any ideas?

About the only other thing funky on this is it will not go into
the graphical mode, doesn't like the card/monitor configuration
(again, I've used two video cards and two monitors but same
results.  This is fine as I don't really plan on using the
computer that way - it's just suppose to store all my music and
pictures on it...

Brad Mugleston, KI0OT

There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those that
understand binary and those that don't.