NFS help (.. is definitely needed)

Otto Haliburton ottohaliburton at comcast.net
Mon Aug 29 04:36:48 UTC 2005

I decided that you don't know what you are talking about when you say that a
NIC card has nothing to do with MAC address.  Your router has it's own MAC
address, if it is not present then the MAC address for the NIC is used.  But
of course you know what you are talking about, do you know what a DNS is, Do
you know how MAC addresses are assigned.  Do you know whether they are
unique.  And the last thing do you know what you are talking about.  There
is a general confusion here and this thread has been blown completely out of
proportion.  This guy gives this heavy analysis of how my ISP assigns me a
IP and he does it with WAN, etc and it is really simple.  My ISP uses a DHCP
just as my router does to assign me a IP and this IP is then assigned to a
primary DNS and a secondary DNS with a unique identifier for my node.  That
is not complicated but simple.  All communications on the net has a too and
a from header and data.  Each stage adds it too and from header to the
packet until it reaches  it's destination the reply begins to unwind these
header to get you back to where you started.  Anyway, read all this BS and
continue on you way of thinking.