Off topic but desperate :-)

Administrator TOOTAI admin at tootai.net
Thu Dec 1 09:33:22 UTC 2005

Ted Potter a écrit :

>this is about a dsl modem / router problem.
>
>the dsl modem has two led's - (ALCATEL 1000 external) one is for power /
>dsl line sync. The other indicates a 10 base T connection.
>
>Suddenly the 10baseT led goes off and of course the internet connection
>can not work.
>
>Thing I have done
>
>1. replace the router
>2. replace the dsl modem
>3. replace the patch cable between the two devices
>
>we don't lose sync with the dsl line at any time. The current "fix" is to
>either power down the modem (powering down the router works also but it's
>more of a pain in terms of the lan) or just unplug the patch cable and re
>attach it.
>
>What in the world would case the 10baseT connection between the two
>devices to simply stop ?
>
>Any advise appreciated and I apologize for being off topic, but I need
>some brains on this one folks !

You replaced one for one or all together? I would do the second one and
see what happends after a long time of use. If all is ok, replace the
cable, again wait a certain time aso. You will see who is guilty ;-)
Then you will be more able to analyze, on install it on another network
for instance. I saw some switches begining crazy when traffic started to
be consequent.

--
Daniel