No hard drives have been found

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Sat Dec 3 00:48:24 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-12-02 at 14:07 -0500, Eroglu Orgul wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I am trying to install Red Hat 9 on a Dell Optiplex GX520 system. I
> think the hardrive is Deskstar 7K80 SATA.
>

> This message occurs during the install
>

> "No hard drives have been found you probably need to manually choose
> drivers for the installation to succeed"
>

> Where can I find the driver?

Red Hat 9 does not support SATA drives out of the box.  You need to
check Dell's website for an appropriate driver or stop using RH9 (which
was end-of-lifed over three years ago) and use Fedora Core 3 or later
(which does have SATA support).

-    Admitting you have a problem is the first step toward getting   -
-    medicated for it.      -- Jim Evarts (http://www.TopFive.com)   -