How to add a new partition to an existing Red HAT 8

bj bhamal at wlink.com.np
Sun Feb 20 16:15:50 UTC 2005

Hi !

Thank you for the prompt reply .

The result of fdisk -l /dev/hda is as ffs :-

Disk /dev/hda: 255 heads, 63 sectors, 7297 cylinders
Units = cylinders of 16065 * 512 bytes

   Device Boot    Start       End    Blocks   Id  System
/dev/hda1   *         1       574   4610623+   7  HPFS/NTFS
/dev/hda2           575      1097   4200997+  83  Linux
/dev/hda3          1098      1228   1052257+  82  Linux swap
/dev/hda4          1229      1835   4875727+   7  HPFS/NTFS

I think I hit the limitation of 4 primary partitions .

Please advice .

cheers,
bj