Fedore Core 3 hangs on install

Darin Peterson dlpeterson at cableone.net
Tue Feb 22 20:35:23 UTC 2005

Look at your motherboard specifications.  If your motherboard is using a VIA
chipset and you're using the on-board video, it's more likely that it's
using UniChrome graphics with an IGP chipset, S3.  VIA currently has a
driver for the 2.4 kernel at http://www.viaarena.com/default.aspx?PageID=2.
Keep in mind that FC2 and 3 use the 2.6 kernel.  I had issues with the
installation of FC3 x86-64 as well, but I did not have that difficulty with
Redhat Enterprise or SuSE 9.1.  I have found nothing that works but the VESA
driver that is default upon installation.

One other thing you can try at boot is:

no framebuffer

or

resolution=1024x768