Upgrading Kernel in RHAS 2.4

Darin Peterson dlpeterson at cableone.net
Thu Feb 24 14:38:10 UTC 2005

http://cs.boisestate.edu/%7Eamit/teaching/453/lab/linux-kernel.html

  -----Original Message-----
  From: redhat-install-list-bounces at redhat.com
[mailto:redhat-install-list-bounces at redhat.com]On Behalf Of Tech Guy
  Sent: Wednesday, February 23, 2005 12:07 PM
  To: redhat-install-list at redhat.com
  Subject: Upgrading Kernel in RHAS 2.4

  Hello,

  I am running RedHat Linux Advanced server "2.4.9-e.3enterprise" and I want
to upgrade the kernel to "2.4.9-e.49". I have not done this before and I
cannot afford donwtime for more than 30 minits. I want to prepare myself
before I start to upgrade the kernel.
  I appreciate if anyone can help me with this by giving the detailed steps.
Also I have downloaded " kernel-2.4.9-e.49.src.rpm" . Do I need any other
patches along with this?

  let me know if you need any information.

  Thanks in Advance
  TG