Grub does not appear

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Fri Feb 25 21:31:09 UTC 2005

evdhn at advalvas.be wrote:
>>I'd highly recommend making emergency boot disks of both operating
>>systems.
>
> You can boot in rescue mode from the installation CD.  Is there still a
> point in creating emergency boot disks?

You can't create emergency boot *floppies* via mkbootdisk for FC2, FC3
or RHEL4.  The 2.6 kernel is too big to fit on a floppy.  FC2 and FC3
have a "rescue CD", dunno about RHEL4 (haven't actually seen one yet).

You can use "mkbootdisk --iso" to create an ISO image of a bootable
system that can be burned to a CD using cdrecord, xcdroast or gtoaster
for FC2 and FC3 (and probably RHEL4).
-    Working with Linux is like wrestling with a worthy opponent.    -
-   Working with Windows is like picking on an annoyed child with a  -
-                            loaded handgun.                         -