Whither the ide-tape module

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Mon Feb 28 21:25:44 UTC 2005

Jeff Kinz wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 28, 2005 at 01:09:08PM -0800, Rick Stevens wrote:
>
>>Heck, I even still have an old Kennedy 9-track that works (it last was
>>connected to a RH9 system via an Adaptec 2940).  Newbies freak out when
>>I fire that bad boy up!  Especially because the system used to play a
>>sound file when it saw that drive:
>>
>>     "Greetings, Professor Falkin!  Would you like to play a game?"
>>
>>Ah, memories!  Now, finding 9-track tape at a reasonable cost...that's
>>tough!
>

> hmm - how about an 8-track?   :)

I'd use it, but I needed the parity bits and none of my machines since
1975 or so use 7-bit Baudot coding.  Erp! :-p

(Hey!  Here's an old 8-track of Joni Mitchell!  And The Allman
Brothers!  Carly Simon!  Styx!  Boston!  MAN!  I'm so old I fart dust!)
-                       When in doubt, mumble.                       -