updating without up2date

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Tue Jan 4 19:38:16 UTC 2005

Waldher, Travis R wrote:
> So, how do you go about doing this?
>
> I can't register my systems with that service.  And I can't see myself
> choking down their (IMO)excessive price for running an up2date server in
> house.
>
> Downloading all the patches is a major PITA through their web interface.
>
> Ideas?

Try installing yum or apt-get and updating that way:

	http://linux.duke.edu/projects/yum/download.ptml

Note that you won't be able to update any RHEL systems that way...
Enterprise REQUIRES you register with Red Hat's up2date, but using
yum/apt-get and one of the repositories will work wonders for you.
-     Squawk!  Pieces of Seven!  Pieces of Seven!  Parity Error!     -