help the redhat enterprise AS 3 does not detect the sata drive

Amro Anwar aanwar at ezdk.com
Thu Jan 6 08:08:20 UTC 2005

Hi

I bought a new computer hp 6100 micro Tower with the following cofiguration
Pentuim 4 3.2 GHz
2 GB Ram
2 SATA Maxtor Hard drives each 120GB
but these hard dirves are not detected by the redhat enterprise AS 3
So I attached a 8GB hard drive IDE and I installed the redhat enterprise AS 3 on it and I were hoping that after installation it can detect the sata drives after applying tha update 1 cd but the surprise was that after installation I did not know how to apply the update 1 cd and the sata hard disks still not detected so can any one tell me a trusted way to apply the update 1 cd and what package needed to be upgraded or added to let the os see the sata hard disks.
Any help will be very appreciated
Thanks
Amro