kernal panic

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Mon Jan 10 21:23:56 UTC 2005

tariq samsudeen wrote:
> hi,
> im very sorry, i've installed kernel2.6.9-1.3_FC2.i686 on Fedora core
> 1. but anyhwz, is it possible to install kernal2.6 with FC1? do v hv a
> kernal2.6 built for FC1?

Fedora Core 1 is a 2.4 kernel-based release.  Yes, you can use a 2.6
kernel on it, but you must install the 2.6-compatible modutils, fsutils
and several other things.  Once you go to kernel 2.6, you can't really
installing FC2 or FC3.

I believe I've had this conversation with you before:  PLEASE don't
hijack threads and NEVER EVER EVER reply to a digest message as you have
done.  If you have a question, compose a fresh message and mail it to
redhat-install-list at redhat.com.
-   Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the   -
-                     reader...who doesn't get it.                   -