where are sources on fedora?

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Thu Jan 13 19:00:59 UTC 2005

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 10:49:45 -0800 (GMT-08:00), William
<wsbcomm at earthlink.com> wrote:
> sorry to ask such a silly question but what the hey,
>
> on fedora3 my kernel source is located under "/lib/modules/2.6.9-1.667/source".  is that how it should be? i thought it used to be under "/usr/src/linux" ?  maybe that was just a sym link.
>
> thanks

Hi,
   I installed FC3 yesterday and didn't find that. Actually source is
a link to build in the same directory. Assumign that you want to you
could either copy build to usr/src/linux-2.6.9-blah and then create a
link to it using

ln -s linux-2.6.9-blah linux

or you could, I suppose, leave it where it is and create the link to
there. The later worries me a bit as /lib/modules gets played with
sometimes and you might lose config options that you make by hand.

It's all up to you. (Like all things Linux...)

 - Mark answering from his wife's first Linux box running FC3 and
ndiswrapper ;-)