development packages

Tony Dietrich td at transoft.demon.co.uk
Thu Jan 13 21:10:39 UTC 2005

On Thursday 13 Jan 2005 01:24, Mark Knecht wrote:
> On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 19:21:43 -0600, Otto Haliburton
>
> <ottohaliburton at comcast.net> wrote:

AFAIK, Desktop installation never installs development toold .. after all, its
an installation aimed at someone who is just using the system as a desktop
computer, not a development system.  All program installations etc are
supposed to be done by rom/apt/yum.

Try the full install, or Add the development packages to the Desktop
installation in the Package Selections screen in Anaconda.  You do run
Anaconda with the Review Packages box ticked don't you?

--
Tony Dietrich