printing

karlp at ourldsfamily.com karlp at ourldsfamily.com
Thu Jan 20 17:33:27 UTC 2005

> Hello,
>
> I have a printing problem.

You also have a dating problem. No, not that type of dating.. Your email
shows you sent it on JUN 20, no JAN 20. Hmmm...

> The application I wrote uses the Unix printing system or jetdirect and a
> generic interface, raw text.
> When I start a long printjob, something like 30 invoices, the spooljob
> is never removed. In other words, when finished, the spooler launches
> his job again and again and again. He doesn't do this with a job, not
> longer than something like 10 pages.

I don't know if it helps, but I use the lpr/ldp printing system rather
than CUPS. I'm not sure CUPS is ready for prime-time yet. (Correct me if
I'm wrong, listers.)

Karl

> Could this be a problem of RedHat9?

Could be, but I don't see the same problem on my RH9 systems. Of course,
they don't host any printers but pass jobs to RH8 servers.

> I heard that for the RH enterprise, there was a patch for this problem.
>
> I have this problem with all my RH9 installations.
>
> I thank you for a good idea.

You're welcome and thank you for not posting HTML email in the future.