HP Office Jet All-in-One scanning

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 18:33:15 UTC 2005

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 12:24:12 -0600, Bob McClure Jr
<robertmcclure at earthlink.net> wrote:

> I have an HP T65, and my wife had a K80.  The T65 has worked fine for
> printing and scanning.  The problem with both of them is that they
> have both developed a bad pixel in the scanner so that there is always
> a fine line through the picture.  I haven't checked repair cost, but I
> imagine it's pretty breath-taking.

Very strange that they both developed a similar problem. Anyway, good
input. Thanks.

> The all-in-ones are nice for saving desk space, but when one part of
> it goes bad, it's tougher to decide whether to fix it, buy a
> replacement for that function, or buy a whole new unit.  Guess it
> depends on how much desk space you have.

Well, in this case the printer will be printer #2. I don't generally
need a fax, but there are times it's handy. What we need is a scanner.
My son's in a school where papers are getting lost. He does the work.
We see it go in the backpack. He says he turns it in. The teacher says
she doesn't receive it. For a couple of days we drove to Kinko's and
did the Xerox routine but that gets old even for an out of work guy
like me! ;-)

We want good enough copies that we can back up the statement to the
school that he did the work and the problem is at their end. Bummer,
'eh?

> We don't buy HP stuff anymore.  Sue has a nice Epson flat-bed scanner
> and an Epson ink-jet printer.  The K80 is kept for incoming and
> outgoing faxes.

Thanks for the inputs. I don't have any HP stuff here at the house and
no experience with their low-end stuff at all. We use Canon and Epson
mostly ourselves.

Cheers,
Mark