Cisco Aironet 350 wireless in FC2-2.6.5

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 18:11:58 UTC 2005

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 10:01:01 -0800, Rick Stevens
<rstevens at vitalstream.com> wrote:

> ESSID="youressid open"

Is this where that belongs? I've been sticking a command in rc.local
as I did not seem to find documentation on this.

I'll give it a try.

Helpful. Thanks.

- Mark

P.S. The FC3 machine I was working on last Friday with wireless
problems is back up and happy. I think I finally have guessed that the
problem was possibly something that surfaced due to an SMP kernel
(it's a P4HT machine) and the use of the release candidate for
ndiswrapper. After I brought up FC2 I loaded the newest ndiswrapper
and started having similar problems. I looked at my son's FC2 machine
and found he was using the older version of ndiswrapper. I put that on
my wife's machine and the network hasn't  missed a beat for the whole
weekend.

Thanks for your help. I did reseat everything except the processor and
ran memtest86 for a couple of hour with no failures. Didn't mean to
imply anywhere that the idea was a bad one. It wasn't, but in this
case I don't think it was the root cause. (Time will tell...)

Cheers,
Mark