GTKAM Help

brad.mugleston at comcast.net brad.mugleston at comcast.net
Wed Jul 6 04:24:38 UTC 2005

I've got a new digital camera (Pentax) and have been using GTKAM
to process from my old camera.  I'd rather not have to compile
the new version of GTKAM (installed from RPM) but the new
libgphoto2 file has the drivers for my new camera (or close
enough I hope).  Can I install just the new libgphoto files or do
I need to install the whole thing to get it to work?

Now for the next question(s):

1 - if I can just upgrade libgphoto - how do I do it so I'm sure
it doesn't (a) leave both copies there and (b) mess everything
up.

2 - If I need to install from scratch what should I do (remove
the old version (rpm -e) and install or what?  I seem to have
problems when I have to compile a program to get it installed.

Thanks,

Brad Mugleston, KI0OT

There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those that
understand binary and those that don't.