Silicon Image Motherboard RAID

karlp at ourldsfamily.com karlp at ourldsfamily.com
Wed Jul 13 17:10:29 UTC 2005

I have a new server with SATA drives with onboard RAID by Silicon Image
Inc. I've never heard of that one. The motherboard is an ASUS A7N8X-E
(part no. 90-M7A770-GOUAYOZ) with a 3000+ AMD XP CPU.
I've installed FC4 with no hitches whatsoever. Clean install with
everything recognized and installed correctly. That was very nice.

Okay, where am I going with this... At work, I have an Intel motherboard with
onboard RAID, but it's by Adaptec, so I downloaded asmbe_linux_1.21.002
which gives a very nice front-end tool to manage the RAID array.

Does anyone know if there is a similar tool for the Silicon Image Inc RAID?

I've searched Silicon's web pages with absolutely no luck. Since the
system was a father's day present from my son, I didn't have much input on
what he got. I'm not about to tell him to get something different over
this issue.

Thanks,

Karl