PGP Version for RHEL ES 4.0

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Mon Jul 18 17:19:13 UTC 2005

SARADHA Vaidhyanathaswamy wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I want to know what version of pgp need to be installed in RHEL 4.0?
> This doesn’t come with the CD by default.

Not true.  GnuPG (The Gnu implementation of PGP) comes as part of EL4
by default.  "man gnupg" or "man gpg" for details.

> Confidentiality Statement:
>
> This message is intended only for the individual or entity to which it
> is addressed. It may contain privileged, confidential information which
> is exempt from disclosure under applicable laws. If you are not the
> intended recipient, please note that you are strictly prohibited from
> disseminating or distributing this information (other than to the
> intended recipient) or copying this information. If you have received
> this communication in error, please notify us immediately by return email.

Would people PLEASE get their bloody mail admins to REMOVE such garbage
from their mail systems.  These stupid disclaimers are totally and
completely unenforceable and are nothing but a waste of bandwidth.
Posting a message to a PUBLIC mailing list really wipes out any pretense
of confidentiality, doesn't it?  And sending "confidential" mail over an
insecure channel such as the Internet IN CLEARTEXT is spectacularly
idiotic.  You might as well send your financial records around on post
cards.  Geeze!

(sorry, got off on a rant there)
-              "Swap memory error: You lose your mind"               -