stability of RHEL ES 4 (was: RE: trouble installing/running the Domain Name Service Configuration Tool)

Ed McCorduck MCCORDUC at cortland.edu
Tue Jul 19 15:48:21 UTC 2005

Thanks, Rick. That was something I wanted to find, a good Linux disk utility/tester. Just one question: do I need special parameters for memtest86? I ran it off the boot CD as you suggested, and now it appears it's repeating itself after already having gone through each of its seven or so tests. I make that newbie judgment by noticing once that after "Test" it read "98%" and was on "Test #7" but now it's back to 28% and on "Test #4" (I actually did catch it running Tests #1 and #2 again, too).

Ed McCorduck
Department of English
State University of New York College at Cortland
Ed.McCorduck at Cortland.edu
http://mccorduck.cortland.edu
ICQ: http://mccorduck.cortland.edu/pager
AIM: EdMcCorduck