stability of RHEL ES 4 (was: RE: trouble installing/running the Domain Name Service Configuration Tool)

Bob McClure Jr robertmcclure at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 20 14:38:27 UTC 2005

On Wed, Jul 20, 2005 at 05:56:10AM -0400, Ed McCorduck wrote:
> [...]

About halfway down the screen is the area where it will list the
errors.  If it goes all the way through one pass without any errors,
then your memory is _probably_ okay.  If (with the case and covers on)
it goes through two passes without errors, then you can be 99.98%
certain it's all okay.

> If it
> finds anything amiss, will an error message just jump out at me?

More or less, as above.

> And if
> it does find problems, will it fix or try to fix them itself

No.

> or would I need another utility for that?

Well, your hands and some money. :-)  There is no way to fix bad
memory except by replacing it.  I don't know of any way to map out bad
memory.

> Ed McCorduck
> Ed.McCorduck at Cortland.edu
> http://McCorduck.ws