sendmail

Kostas Sfakiotakis kostassf at cha.forthnet.gr
Wed Jun 1 21:31:05 UTC 2005

Greetings Rick ,

Rick Stevens wrote:
> ajay wrote:
>
>> hi gurus
>>
>> can u tell me where to put my pop username, password and domail
>> entries in sendmail.mc file.
>

> Your pop username and password don't go into sendmail.mc.  The pop
> server pulls them out of the normal authentication mechanisms that the
> system uses to log you in.

The only time i recall sendmail being anywhere near pop server was
while using fetchmail which actually fetches email and then calls
sendmail for the delivery but perhaps i don't understand the scenario
used here .

> I don't know what you mean by "domail".

Probably the Original Poster means domain ( the "hostname -d" thing , )
which is the Cw class if i recall well .
I have a Local_Domain('localhost.localdomain')dnl thing in my mc
file , but well i have sendmail 8.13.3 here

Kind Regards,
   kostas