Oracle 10g on RedHat 9.0 system

Michael Velez mikev777 at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 2 09:01:18 UTC 2005

I haven't installed on RedHat 9.0 but I have installed on RHEL WS, which is
a lot cheaper than ES.  With WS, you get the advantage that you have a
"certified" (although, in legalese you don't) operating system since WS and
ES are very similar except for support for certain server packages (probably
some other differences but none as far as I can tell from an Oracle
standpoint). All install scripts will work out of the box without any
tweaking whatsoever, and installation is 100% smooth.

Of course, no technical support for Oracle either (as it's on WS) but I
gather that would not be an issue as you want to put it on RedHat 9.0.

It works for me, as a home user.

Michael