linux and java

Tech Guy tek_guy at rediffmail.com
Thu Jun 9 13:50:55 UTC 2005

HI,

I have a question regarding memory management particularly with java. I understand that linux threads are implemented as cloned processes and each thread has its own process and thus "ps" shows up multiple number of processess for a single JVM.

In my scenario I have multiple Weblogic instances running , say around 3 running its own JVM. So when I give ps command and grep for java , I see more than 80 java processes. my free memory shows up as some 10 MB which is a normal and system is not out of memory.

But I want to know is there any way to know when the system is really running out of memory.

any suggestions, tips and links are appreciated

Thanks,
TG