Help needed Fedora Core 4 install problem, X server does not start

Leila Lappin damovand at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 20 20:30:36 UTC 2005

I installed Fedora Core 4 today.  But several things
failed and one of them may be causing the problem that
X server ( graphical interface) is not coming up.  I
get a dialog box popping up with this message:

I cannot start the X server ( your graphical
interface).  It seems that the pointer device (your
mouse) is not set up correctly.  Would you like to
view the X server output to diagnose the problem?

Now I seem to be in text mode, what do I need to do
next?