remote control with local display

Jeff Kinz jkinz at kinz.org
Wed Mar 9 19:57:08 UTC 2005

On Wed, Mar 09, 2005 at 11:17:16AM -0800, Ted Potter wrote:
> However we would like the "session" to show up on the local display so
> that the user can see what we are doing.
>
> Does anyone know of a product that will provide that ? my thinking is
> that vnc or rdesktop will not display the remote session on the local
> desktop.

Sounds like "teacher tool" used by many people in the ltsp and k12osn
lists. not sure where it is but you can ask them on their respective
mailing lists.

Here is one posting about it:
http://email.riverdale.k12.or.us/mailarchives/k12ltspdig/1272.html

--
"The only system which is truly secure, is one which is switched off
and unplugged, locked in a titanium lined safe, buried in a concrete

http://kinz.org
http://www.fedoranews.org