procmailrc question

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Wed Mar 16 17:30:37 UTC 2005

Waldher, Travis R wrote:

> [...]

Did you ever see my responses?  I repeat:

You can set up the "ForwardPath" option in the sendmail.cf file to give
a list of directories to search for the .forward file.  For example,
this line:

     O ForwardPath=/usr/local/etc/forwards/$u.forward:$z/.forward

If the incoming mail was for user "fred", that line would cause the
system to first look for a "/usr/local/etc/forwards/fred.forward" file
If found, it is used.  If not, it tries to find a ".forward" file in
fred's home directory.  The system defaults to:

     O ForwardPath=$z/.forward.$w:$z/.forward

"$z" is filled in with the user's home directory after sendmail does a
getpwent()-style call, "$w" is filled in with the host name of the
machine running sendmail.
-    I don't suffer from insanity...I enjoy every minute of it!      -