Router Problem

brad.mugleston at comcast.net brad.mugleston at comcast.net
Thu Mar 31 23:13:44 UTC 2005

I installed a Motorola (WR850) wireless router into my existing
home nextwork system (Linksys BEFSR41).  Everything seemed to
work fine until I upgraded my wireless noteboot to Linux (FC2).
Everything still seems to work OK but I couldn't access my
printer.  I wasn't too concerned as I didn't need to print much
but I've been messing with it and I've discoverd the following.

I can ping the Motorola (192.168.1.2) and I can ping the Linksys
(192.168.1.1) but I can't ping any of the other computers (all
hooked up to the Linksys).  This is probably why I can't find a
printer to print to or share files.

I'm sure it's probably a permission on the Linksys (guessing
that's where I stop at) but looking at the manual I don't see
what is wrong.

Has anyone seen/solved this problem?

Thanks,

Brad Mugleston, KI0OT

There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those that
understand binary and those that don't.