I need Help RedHat-Windows XP

ajay sysadmin at tivimtech.com
Mon May 2 10:52:50 UTC 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: Roberto <robgenna at tiscali.it>
To: 'Getting started with Red Hat Linux' <redhat-install-list at redhat.com>
Sent: Saturday, April 30, 2005 8:09 AM
Subject: R: I need Help RedHat-Windows XP

> Thank you very much for your reply.
> I've just tried the  commands you told me to use in the last part of you
> reply, but nothing seems to be changed.
> In fact windows xp crashes with a blue screen that say that Session
Manager
> Initialization has stopped in un unattended way, and so the system has
been
> closed.
> In these conditions I really can do nothing, I am not able to reinstall
> windows without erasing its partition and with that all my important data.
> It's for this reason I asked you for a way to recover and save my Windows
> files from Linux, that is now the only os I can start.
> Thank you again
>
> Roberto, Italy
> robgenna at tiscali.it

if you are unable to boot win i.e. can find your data.
boot from linux and mount win partition in linux to recover data. if u can
not mount it is very difficult to get data.
ex:-    mount -t ntfs /dev/hda1 /mnt
if your windows partition is hda1 with ntfs file system.
go to /mnt folder , there you will find your data and copy it to linux
partition , it fact if u have cd-writer write it there.
and once done begin windows installation while deleting old win partition
and create new.

rgds