Asni emulator client for Linux rh8.0

Francisco Ruiz fruiz at tsitrucks.com
Thu May 5 21:51:53 UTC 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: redhat-install-list-bounces at redhat.com
[mailto:redhat-install-list-bounces at redhat.com] On Behalf Of Rick
Stevens
Sent: Tuesday, May 03, 2005 3:55 PM
To: Getting started with Red Hat Linux
Subject: Re: Asni emulator client for Linux rh8.0

Francisco Ruiz wrote:
> Thank you, this works fine the text interface to the programs lines up

> the way it should, but my backspace key terminates the program. This
> program uses most of the fkeys. How can I resolve that.

Enter this command, but where I show an "x", press CTRL-D and where I
show a "y" press the backspace key:

	stty term x;stty erase y

Those commands change the terminate key to a CTRL-D and changes the
erase character from the DEL key to the backspace key.

So, the whole command would be:

	TERM=vt100;export TERM;tput init;stty term x;stty erase y

(again, replace "x" with a press of CTRL-D and "y" with the backspace
key).

redhat-install-list-request at redhat.com